We are pleased to advise that the SHTC tennis Courts will be reopened tomorrow morning – Thursday 30th September 2021.
- Group coaching can recommence to limits as noted below.
- Entry is not allowed into the Clubhouse including the toilet facilities and change rooms.
- Entry to courts 1 to 4 will only be via the West Gate from the park.
- Entry to courts 5 & 6 will be as per normal situation.
- Please note that masks are to be worn at all times, except when actually playing tennis.
- Please practice COVID safe principles at all times.
- Please refer also to the Council Update issued today for further information (extract below).
Thank you for your assistance to ensure the safety and well-being of all our club members.
Outdoor sport and recreation – contactless:
- Group coaching can return with two people plus a coach (for participants and the coach who are not fully vaccinated).
- Group coaching can return with five people plus a coach (for participants and the coach who are all fully vaccinated). The coach must sight evidence of vaccination for all five people and record this information. Tennis Vic has created a templateto help you with this.
- Participants younger than 12 years of age are treated as a fully vaccinated person.
As per the Stay at Home Directions recreational tennis (casual and member bookings):
- Singles play can return for two people for participants who are not fully vaccinated.
- Doubles play can return for four people, from no more than two households, for fully vaccinated participants. Participants must carry proof of vaccination and may be required to show this to an authorised person at any time.
- As per the COVID-19 Vaccinated Activities Directions, in the instance where a person that has obtained certification from a medical practitioner that the person is unable, due to a medical contraindication, to receive a dose, or a further dose, of a COVID-19 vaccine; they are classified as an excepted person and are classified as fully vaccinated for the categories outlined above.
- Players must reside within 15km of the tennis facility that they are playing at and exercise activity can be for up to four hours.
- Face coverings are to be worn except if a medical exception applies. They can be removed when participating in playing tennis.
- Competition is not permitted.
- All tennis venues must have Service Victoria QR code check-in signage clearly displayed in a prominent location and all venue attendees must check in.
- Indoor facilities, including toilets, must remain closed.
- Coaches can access equipment only if required